TAHDCO Assistant Engineer (AE) Exam Syllabus 2020 2021 | TAHDCO Assistant Engineer (AE) Syllabus and Exam Pattern are given on this page. So, candidates who are searching for the TAHDCO Syllabus 2020 they can collect full PDF on this page. TAHDCO Assistant Engineer (AE) Syllabus plays a prominent role in any exam preparation. Without having TAHDCO Assistant Engineer (AE) syllabus and Exam pattern nobody can know which subjects to prepare for the examination. You can check all details of TAHDCO Syllabus here. Are you looking for the free download? Then go through this section.
TAHDCO Assistant Engineer (AE) Selection Process:
The Selection Procedure of the Exam will be as follows:
- Written Exam
Tamil Nadu Adi Dravidar Housing and Development Corporation Limited Assistant Engineer (AE) Exam Details:
Online Examination will be conducted at centers to be setup in the following districts only. Candidate can choose any one of the following five districts.
Exam Pattern for TAHDCO Assistant Engineer (AE) Posts:
- I) Selection Will Be Made In Two Successive Stages (i.e,)
Based on the syllabus, examination will be conducted through online mode.
Multiple-Choice in two parts P
art-I – From the syllabus S.No. 1-9 below, 120 objective type Questions each question will carry 1.5 marks. (120 X 1.5=180)
Part-II – General Studies (Degree Standard) Aptitude and Mental Ability each question will carry 2 mark each. (45 X 2 = 90)
|120 minutes (two hours )
60 minutes (one hour)
|2.||Oral Test : Interview and Records||–||30|
TAHDCO Assistant Engineer (AE) Syllabus PDF Download:
(ii) SYLLABUS for Online Examination
- Building Materials and Construction Practices Properties of engineering materials-brick, stones, aggregates, cement (types and grades), concrete (mix design), Concrete admixtures, Self compacting Concrete, steel and new materials. – Construction of stone masonry, brick masonry and R.C.C. and block masonry – construction equipments – Building bye – laws and Development regulations practiced in Tamil Nadu – Provisions for fire safety, lighting and ventilation- Acoustics.
- Engineering Survey Survey – computation of areas – Chain Survey – Compass surveying – Plane table survey – levelling – fly levelling – L.S. and C.S. – Contour volumes – Theodolite survey – Traversing – Heights and Distances – Geodetic Observations- Tachometry and Triangulation – Use of EDM, GPS and Remote sensing techniques.
- Strength of Materials Stresses and strains -Thermal stresses- elastic constants – Beams and bending – Bending moment and shear force in beams – Theory of simple bending – deflection of beams – torsion – Combined stresses – stresses on inclined planes – Principal stresses and principal planes – Theories of Failure – Analysis of plane trusses.
- Structural Analysis Indeterminate beams – Stiffness and flexibility methods of structural analysis – Slope deflection – Moment Distribution method – Arches and suspension cables – Theory of columns – moving loads and influence lines – Matrix method- Stability of retaining walls – plastic theory
- Geo technical Engineering Formation of soils – types of soils – classification of soils for engineering practice – Field identification of soils – Physical properties of soils – Three phase diagram – permeability characteristics of soils – stress distribution in soils – Theory of consolidation, shear strength parameters of soils – Compaction of soils. Soil exploration – Soil sampling techniques – Borelog profile – shallow foundations – Terzhagi’s bearing capacity theory – Pile foundation – Group action of piles – settlement of foundations.
- Environmental Engineering And Pollution Control Sources of water – Ground water Hydraulics – Characteristics of water – Water analysis – water treatment – water borne diseases. Sewerage system – Design of sewerage systems – sewer appurtenances – Pumping of sewage – sewage treatment and disposal – Industrial waste treatment – solid waste management – Air, water and Noise pollution control- e waste management
- Design of Reinforced Concrete, prestressed Concrete and Steel Structures Design of concrete members – limit state and working stress design concepts – design of slabs – one way, two way and flat slabs – Design of singly and doubly reinforced sections and flanged sections -design of columns and footings – pre-stressing – systems and methods- post tensioning slabs – Design of pre-stressed members for flexure. Design of tension and compression members – Design of Bolted and welded connections design of members of Truss – designs of columns and bases – design of beams, plate girders and gantry girder.
- Project Management and Estimating Construction management – Construction planning – Scheduling and monitoring – Cost control, Quality control and inspection – Network analysis – CPM and PERT methods of project management – Resources planning and resource management. Types of estimates – Preparation of technical specifications and tender documents – Building valuation – law relating to contracts and arbitration 9. General Knowledge – New construction materials & Construction practices