FCI Manager Exam Syllabus 2019 2020 | FCI Manager (General), Manager (Depot), Manager (Movement), Manager (Accounts), Manager (Technical), Manager (Civil Engineering) & Manager (Electrical Mechanical Engineering) Syllabus and Exam Pattern are given on this page. So, candidates who are searching for the FCI Syllabus 2019 they can collect full PDF on this page. FCI Manager Syllabus plays a prominent role in any exam preparation. Without having FCI Manager syllabus and Exam pattern nobody can know which subjects to prepare for the examination. You can check all details of Madras High Court Syllabus here. Are you looking for the free download? Then go through this section.
FCI Manager Selection Process:
The Selection Procedure of the Exam will be as follows:
- Online Test
The State wise list of Examination Centres for Phase-I is as under:-
The State wise list of Examination Centres for Phase-II is as under:-
Exam Pattern for FCI Manager Posts:
Manager (General/Depot/Movement/Accounts/Technical/Civil Engineering/ Electrical Mechanical Engineering):- The selection process will be consisting of Online Test, Interview and Training.
Manager (Hindi):- The selection process will be consisting of Online Test and Interview.
A). PATTERN OF ONLINE TEST
The online test will comprise of Phase-I and Phase-II exams.
i). The online test of Phase-I shall be common irrespective of the post.
The test structure for Phase I Online test is as follow:-
|Sr. No||Name of the Test||No. of Qs.||Max. Marks||Duration (minutes)||Medium of examination|
|English Language||30||30||20 minutes||English|
|Reasoning Ability||35||35||20 minutes||Bilingual (English and Hindi)|
|Numerical Aptitude||35||35||20 minutes||Bilingual (English and Hindi)|
NOTE: – In the Phase-I of online test, the test will be Objective type (Multiple Choice Questions). Each question will carry equal 01 (one) mark. For each wrong answer, there will be negative marking of one-fourth (1/4) of the mark assigned to that question. If a question is left blank, i.e. no answer is marked by the candidate; there will be no negative marking for that question. The marks obtained in Phase-I will not be reckoned in final merit ranking.
- ii) Phase-II online test will comprise of:-
|Number of Papers||Post Code||Post||Note|
|One Paper Exam||Paper I Only||A||Manager (General)|
|Two Paper Exam||Paper I and Paper II||D||Manager (Accounts)||Candidates applying for any ONE of the post code D, E, F and G will appear in Paper-I to be followed by Paper-II. ONLINE TEST for Paper – I & Paper – II shall be held in single sitting|
|F||Manager (Civil Engineering)|
|G||Manager (Electrical Mechanical Engineering)|
|Paper III and Paper IV||H||Manager (Hindi)||Candidates applying for Post code H will appear in Paper-III to be followed by Paper-IV. ONLINE TEST for Paper – III & Paper-IV shall be held in single sitting.|
|Note-I: – Paper-I is common for post code A, B, C, D, E, F, and G.
Note-II:- Online Test for Paper – I & Paper – II and Paper – III & Paper IV shall be held in single sitting.
|Paper Type||Number of questions and Marks||Duration||Negative marking|
|Paper – I||120 Multiple Choice Questions will carry equal 01 marks. Paper will carry maximum 120 marks||90 minutes||There will be no negative marking in Phase-II of the examination.|
|Post specific Paper-II (in phase II)||60 Multiple Choice Questions each carrying 02 marks. Paper will carry maximum 120 marks.||60 minutes|
|Paper-III (Only for the Post of Manager (Hindi) Post Code-H)||120 Multiple Choice Questions will carry equal 01 mark. Paper will carry maximum 120 marks||90 minutes|
|Paper-IV (Only for the Post of Manager (Hindi) Post Code-H)||(i) 01 Passage for translation from Hindi to English
(ii) 01 Passage for translation from English to Hindi
(iii) 01 essay in Hindi
(iv) 01 Precis Writing in English Each question carries 30 Marks and total Marks will be 120.
Pattern of Paper – I and Paper – II of Phase-II Online Test shall be as follows: Paper-I (Duration – 90 minutes) (120 Marks): 120 Multiple Choice Questions of General Aptitude consisting of Reasoning, Data Analysis, Computer Awareness, General Awareness, Management and Current Affairs for the post of Manager (General / Depot / Movement / Accounts / Technical / Civil Engineering / Electrical Mechanical Engineering)
Paper-II (Duration – 60 minutes) (120 Marks):
I 60 Multiple Choice Questions on General Accounting and Finance for candidates applying for Manager (Accounts)
II60 Multiple Choice Questions on Agriculture, Food Science and Technology, Agricultural Engineering & Bio Technology for candidates applying for Manager (Technical)
III. 60 Multiple Choice Questions on Civil Engineering / Electrical Mechanical Engineering for candidates applying for Manager (Civil Engineering / Electrical Mechanical Engineering).
The syllabus for specified technical posts for Paper-II to assess the post specific technical knowledge of relevant stream is as under:
- Manager (Accounts) (Post Code-D):
- Basic Accounting concept including preparation of books of accounts and Accounting Standards.
- Financial Management: (a) Analysis of Financial statement (b) Budgeting & Budgetary control (c) Working Capital management (d) Capital Budgeting & Ratio Analysis.
- Taxation: (a) Income Tax including filing of return, TDS, Advance Tax etc. (b) Goods & Services Tax.
- Auditing: (a) Auditing Concepts and Methods (b) Internal & External Audit of Companies.
- Commercial Laws: (a) Contract Act (b) Companies Act (c) Sales of Goods Act (d) Negotiable Instrument Act (e) Consumer Protection Act (f) RTI Act.
- Basic of Computers: (a) Operating System (b) Browsers (c) Email (d) Memory (Internal, External, portable) (e) Chats (f) Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel) (g) Networks.
- Manager (Technical) (Post Code-E):
- Agricultural- Statistics of Indian Agriculture (Cereals & Pulses), Food & Agriculture Microbiology, Nutrition (Animal & Plant), Postharvest care of Cereals & Pulses, Food grain Protection, Agriculture Extension.
- Biotechnology- Microbes: Beneficial & Harmful, Genetic Engineering, Biotechnological Principles, Economic Biotechnology, Pathogens & Control, Recent trends.
- Entomology- Basic Entomology, Economic Entomology, Beneficial and harmful insects, integrated Post Management (IPM), Storage Grain Insect pest, Vertebrate Pests.
- Chemistry- Physical Chemistry: Structure of Atoms, Chemical Bonding, Radioactivity; Inorganic Chemistry, Periodic Table, Basics Metals & Non-metals, Organic Chemistry, Basics of alkanes, alkenes, alkynes, alcohols, aldehydes and acids , Biochemistry (Carbohydrates, Proteins & Fats).
- PFA Act, 1964,Food Safety and Standards Act, 2006/Food Safety and Standards Regulations 2011, Right to Information Act, 2005.
III. Manager (Civil Engineering) (Post Code-F):
- Engineering Materials & Construction Technology Selection of site for the construction, Planning and orientation of buildings, Ventilation and air conditioning, acoustics. Building and highway materials, Stones, Bricks timber, Lime, Cement Mortar, Plain and reinforced Cement Concrete, Bitumen, Asphalt.
- Building Materials: Stone, Lime, Glass, Plastics, Steel, FRP, Ceramics, Aluminium, Fly Ash, Basic Admixtures, Timber, Bricks and Aggregates Classification, properties and selection criteria, Cement etc.
- Construction Practice, Planning and Management: Construction Planning, Equipment, site investigation, Tendering Process and Contract Management, Quality Control, Productivity, Operation Cost; Land acquisition, Labor safety and welfare.
- Surveying Surveying, Leveling, temporary and permanent adjustments of levels and Theodolite, Use of theodolite, tachometry. Trigonometrically and Triangulation survey. Contours and contouring, Computations of areas and volumes.
- Soil/Geotechnical Engineering Classification of soil, Field identification tests, water content, specific gravity, voids ratio, porosity, Soil permeability and its determination in the laboratory and field, Darcy’s law, Flow nets its Characteristics. Local and general shear failures, design Criteria for shallow foundation, Plate load test, Stability of simple slopes.
- Highway and bridges: Classification of road land width, Flexible pavements, WBM courses, sub base, sand bitumen base curse, crushed cement concrete base / sub-base course. Prime and tack coats, surface dressing, Asphaltic concrete, seal coats etc.
- Structural Analysis: Strength of materials, Bending moments and shear force, Analysis of determinate and indeterminate structure, Suspended Cables, Concepts and use of Computer Aided Design.
- Design of steel structures: Principles of working stress methods, Design of tension and compression members, Design of beams and beam column connections, built-up sections, Girders, Industrial roofs, Principles of Ultimate load design.
- Design of Concrete and Masonry Structures: Limit state design for bending, shear, axial compression and combined forces; Design of beams, Slabs, Lintels, Foundations, Retaining walls, Tanks, Staircases. 10. Estimating, Costing and Valuation: estimate, analysis of rates, earthwork, Brick , RCC work shuttering, Painting, Flooring, Plastering flexible pavements, Tube well, isolates and combined footings, Steel Truss, Piles etc. Valuation- Value and cost, scrap value, salvage value, assessed value, sinking fund, depreciation and obsolescence, methods of valuation.
- Manager (Electrical Mechanical Engineering) (Post Code-G): Thermodynamics, Heat Transfer, Refrigeration and Air-conditioning, Theory of Machines, Machine Design, Strength of Materials, Engineering Materials, Production Engineering , Industrial Engineering ,Production Planning and Control Material handling, Electrical Circuits, Network theorems, EM Theory, Electrostatics, Material Science (Electric Materials), Electrical Measurements, Elements of Computation Power Apparatus and Systems (Power System: Power generation; Thermal, Hydro, Nuclear & Solar power production and Transmissions), Electro mechanics, Control Systems, Electronics and Communications, Estimation and costing, Use of computers.
Pattern of Paper – III and Paper – IV shall be as follows:
Paper-III (Duration-90 minutes) (120 Marks)
120 Multiple Choice Questions on General Hindi, General English, General Awareness, General Intelligence, Computer Awareness, Management and Current Affairs for candidates applying for the Post Code H Manager (Hindi).
Paper-IV (Duration-90 minutes) (120 Marks) (Subjective Test):
- 01 Passage for translation from Hindi to English (30 Marks)
- 01 Passage for translation from English to Hindi (30 Marks)
- 01 essay in Hindi (30 Marks)
- 01 Precis Writing in English (30 Marks)
For appearing in Paper-IV Manager (Hindi) candidate should be able to use the following keyboard layouts:
- Remington (GAIL)
- Marks obtained in Phase-I online exam will not be reckoned for final merit list. The candidates fifteen times the number of vacancies advertised shall be called for Phase-II examination.
- The merit of Online Test, for post code A, B & C will be decided on Paper -I of Phase- II.
- For post code D, E, F & G the merit of online test will be decided on the basis of combined marks secured by candidates in Paper-I & post specific Paper-II of Phase- II.
- Manager (Hindi) (Post Code-H):- Candidates applying for Manager (Hindi) will need to take paper III & IV in Phase II. The merit of online test will be on the basis of combined marks secured by the candidates in both Paper – III and Paper- IV.
- Manager (General/ Depot/ Movement/ Accounts/ Technical/ Civil Engineering/ Electrical Mechanical Engineering):- Candidates are to be shortlisted for Interview on criteria of minimum 50% marks in Online Test of Phase-II for unreserved categories and 45% marks for SC, ST, OBC and the Persons with Benchmarks Disabilities (PwBD). The number of candidates to be called for Interview shall normally be three times the number of advertised vacancies. However, where the number of candidates is less than three times the number of vacancies, then all the qualifying candidates may be called for interview as the case may be.
- A candidate has to appear in all the phases of the recruitment process to be considered for the selection. The candidates are advised to visit FCI Website regularly.
- All papers in the online examination will be of objective type multiple choice questions only except paper IV for Manager (Hindi) which will be of subjective type. viii. Online Test will be bilingual i.e. in English and Hindi except for language papers.
- In case of Manager(General/ Depot/Movement/Accounts/Technical/Civil Engineering/Electrical Mechanical Engineering), the Weightage assigned for Online Test (Phase-II), Interview and Training are 80%, 10%, and 10% respectively. Upon successful completion of the training , the selected candidates may be considered for issue of appointment orders as Managers and such candidates will be placed on probation as per the rules. x. In case of Manager (Hindi) the Weightage assigned for Online Test (Phase-II) and Interview are 90% and 10% respectively
FCI Manager Syllabus PDF Download:
Here FCI Manager Syllabus is provided for the candidates preparing for Exam. Candidates those who have applied for FCI Manager Recruitment 2019 can use this syllabus helps you to give your best in the Manager Exam. The FCI Syllabus topics mentioned below. The standard syllabus for FCI Manager Exam is